Thursday, November 26, 2009

My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can

She did this in front of the entire class on day 1. My son is a straight A kid. He respects his elders and is very proud of his long hair. It is neat and my wife and I approve his hair. I am really angry and want to take some action. What should I do? Get a lawyer?



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

This is absolutely sickening. I can tell with little doubt that your family seems to be an educated, law-abiding, group. Unfortunately, there seems to be a prejudicial negative stigma, especially with the older generations, against men with long hair.



However, being a "respected" educator, your son's teacher cannot simply humiliate your son if front of his peers. It is public humiliation which should not be tolerated by any institution.



You should alert the school board before hiring a lawyer though. They will most likely share your concern and swiftly take action to suspend, dismiss, or otherwise deal with the situation.



In the unlikely event that the school board fails to rectify the issue, you can certainly go ahead and seek legal advice.



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

probably just get him a hair cut im sure the teacher didn't mean it.



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

It wouldn't do any good to get a lawyer. The teacher could easily claim it was a very honest mistake. You should, however, talk with the teacher and make it very clear how hurtful this "mistake" was. Be sure to add that you know that there will be no more "mistakes" or insinuations toward your son. Remind her that harassment is not about what is said, it is about how it is perceived.



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

WOW..slow down there buddy...a lawyer is taking it a BIT too far. I would go in and talk to the teacher one on one..I would ask the person to apologize to my kid ..and if it happened again..I would go directly to the teacher's boss.



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

you are one of the problems these days...see a man with long hair also comes with critism.....it may also get comments. If your son doesnt want to deal with the critism get him a hair cut, simple as that, its not only the teacher that probably makes judgements based on appearance it happens all the time, getting a lawyer isnt going to solve anything, it might just make you look more weak, like you can't handle a little critism.



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

Wait why are you getting a lawyer?? Because a teacher made a mistake??? Dude chill, if people got mad over little things like this all the time we would constantly be at war for stupid reasons (yes my pun was intended). Good job that your son is an A student but to be honet with you parents meddling in their childrens behavior over little things like this make your kid angry at you...in fact I bet he even told you it was no big deal, because it isnt a big deal.



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

As the other answerer pointed out, getting a lawyer wouldn't do any good as the teacher could claim she made a mistake. I would take it to the school board, or the principal. They can take action. She had not right to say that whether the class was present or not, and should face the proper consequences. When I was younger I had a teacher who would routinely pick me out of class to make snide or hateful remarks--simply put she'd pick on me. I was her "stress reliever." I was already bullied, but to have an adult bully was even worse, so don't let your son go through what I did.



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

Oh my god please don't get a lawyer, don't you think that may set the wrong president to your son.



most likely this will of be the first time that your son will be called a girl and it might not be the first time



OK When I cut my hair short sometimes I am called sir, I'm a girl, I'm tall, i am shapely and if I was to take offense every time this might happen I would never leave the house



so with all that in mind, ask your son, did it bother HIM



how much did it bother HIM?



If it hasn't bothered him that much that what you need to do is just ask him what would you like to do about it...Have the teacher apologize in front of the whole class??



I'm thinking that you are more upset about this then he is, maybe just have her say something to your son and then leave it from there. If you do more than that, you are risking pegging your son as a cry baby and a girl...it sounds like you don't want that



if you approve of his hair it might just have been a mistake on the part of the teacher, I'm sure that you may have mistaken the sex of a person once or twice



give this teacher the benefit of the doubt, she wasn't saying your son is stupid just a mix up of pronouns



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

i'll suggest that take your son to a hair cut, but if he don't want to lose his handsome hairstyle then maybe talk to his teacher about it.



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

I am a teacher and I am disappointed that your son's teacher behaved so poorly. My suggestion would be to take this opportunity to teach your son how to deal with rude and thoughtless people. Those types of insensitive people will be in your son's life just as they are for the rest of us. Do you want him flaring up and rushing into court each time he is offended or would it be to his advantage to follow a higher road and be a better individual than those who



ridicule and insult?



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

Hah! sure go ahead!



What exactly are your damages? pain and suffering? good luck with that. What you want the teacher fired? Day 1? Why wouldnt you see it as a simple mistake as we do? Surely your son has dealt with this before.



The most disturbing aspect of this question is the extreme in which you want to take this. You are teaching your son a far more dangerous lesson than a simple gender mistake.



You are the problem in this.



please read about Sigmund Wollman.



http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/papermusic...



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

Tie it in a pony tail like what chinese people do.. =) Yeah, asian rocks



My son is a GT student, swim team mbr. and he has long hair. His teacher called him a girl. What can I do?

NO DON'T GET A LAWYER.CALL THE SCHOOL DISTRICT TO LET THE BOARD MEMBERS KNOW THE REMARK THIS TEACHER MADE AND THE DISTRICT WELL LET THIS TEACHER KNOW SHE CAN'T BE CALLING KIDS NAMES.AND THEN IF THE SCHOOL DISTRICT DON'T DO NOTHING THEN TAKE IT FUTHER. BUT ALWAYS STAY BE HIND YOUR SON BECAUSE IT'S OKAY TO HAVE LONG HAIR ON A BOY KID MEN HAVE LONG HAIR. SHE IS JUST MAD SHE DID'NT GET F ED GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
noton