Thursday, November 26, 2009

Should I get my cat shaved? Although she doesn't have long hair?

My cat sheds like crazy, and she likes to sleep on my cabinets.. so hair falls all over my stove.



Her hair isn't too long at all, maybe 3 inches max. Should I get her shaved and brushed?



Should I get my cat shaved? Although she doesn't have long hair?

you have to brush her regularly, dont get her shaved



Should I get my cat shaved? Although she doesn't have long hair?

The only reason I can see to shave a cat is if its hair is badly matted and its uncomfortable. Just brush your cat. Its good bonding time and it will keep the shedding to a minimum. Daily brushing will help a lot.



Should I get my cat shaved? Although she doesn't have long hair?

I'd just brush her a few times a week to lessen the hair that falls on your stove.



Shaving her isn't goign to do anything but make smaller hairs on your stove :) She'll still shed.



Should I get my cat shaved? Although she doesn't have long hair?

She needs to be brushed daily and in a regulated environment. If she is in temperature extremes she will shed more. Sometimes the wrong food will set off a shed period. Shaving is mean because they use their fur to regulate body temperature and not only can she get to cold but she can also get to hot. You have got a cat that is high maintenance brush all the time she will love it.



Should I get my cat shaved? Although she doesn't have long hair?

Don't shave your cat, for heaven's sakes.



You need to groom your cat, and the best grooming tool out there for shedding is the FURminator.



Here's a link. http://www.furminator.com/



Should I get my cat shaved? Although she doesn't have long hair?

Have you tried the FURminator? I work in grooming, and nothing works better at getting dead fur and undercoat off like that tool (of course there are certain breeds/coat types it doesn't work well for).



Cats aren't really supposed to be shaved, unless their fur is matted.



You may want to feed her a higher quality food to help with her skin and coat.



Should I get my cat shaved? Although she doesn't have long hair?

yes shave it but leave some around the neck so it looks like a lion lol



Should I get my cat shaved? Although she doesn't have long hair?

Don't be ridiculous, You don't shave a cat because the shedding hair is an inconvenience. Setup a bed somewhere out of the kitchen.



Should I get my cat shaved? Although she doesn't have long hair?

My sis cat Delta was the same way. No matter how much she was brushed or bathed, we got GOBS of fur every time we pet her. I'm not sure what did it. We had her shaved (which Delta seemed to have loved. She's a short hair, but her fur is extremely dense.) but she also changed her diet. I'm not sure which did it. I suggest changing her diet first. We switched from Science Diet to NutroNatural (or something like that) It has made a HUGE difference. Her fur has grown back now, but the shedding is all but gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
noton